Friday, September 26, 2008

Tis the Season

With John McCain two timing Letterman for Couric; a U.S. economy that is seemingly going down the toilet; and Sarah Palin doing her best Barney Fife impersonation on the campaign trail, I'm getting a little sick of the political season and look to focus renewed energy on another passion of mine--NBA basketball!!!!

Training camp begins tomorrow for many NBA teams  and I will be particularly interested on seeing how well the big man tandem of Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol works out for my beloved Lakers.  I've had to go into the witness protection program after our dreaded nemesis--Boston Celtics pounded us in the NBA finals last June.  Now, the disguise is off; I'm looking to get some sun on my pale skin and I'm ready for the Lakers to take the title this year!

Problem is, with our ailing economy, I won't be able to afford the inflated ticket prices at the Laker's box office.  Worse than that, living in NM, I won't be able to afford the cost of the flight, hotel and the ticket broker prices since all Laker home games are sold out.  

Thank goodness for NBA League Pass!!

No comments: